Airfield Estate Dublin – Visitor Farm and Gardens
Airfield Estate Dublin is a large working farm and gardens open to the public all year round.
Located in Dundrum at the foot of the Dublin mountains, the estate is set across 38 acres and offers families and visitors a super day out experience that includes something for everyone with animals, heritage, playground and foodie farm shop & cafe.
The estate, owned by the Overend family, now has charity status and is recognised as an educational and recreational place where visitors can re-connect with urban farming and learn more about the countryside, its food and urban farm life.
There are gardens and children’s play areas, farm and woodlands to be explored, garden shops and restaurant and an array of events covering everything from Daily Craft activities to Guided House and Farm Tours.
Airfield’s mission is to ‘inspire people to refresh their connection with food and the land it comes from’. Get yourself hooked through daily activities including the egg collection from their Rhode Island Red and Legbar Hens, try milking Jersey Cows, Farm Animal Feeding, Garden and Craft Workshops and more! They also bring you behind the scenes on their farm and gardens and celebrate the harvest with you through their Woolapalooza Sheep Festival in May and the Festival of Food in September!
Summer activities are as follows:
- Drop in Craft Clubs – from 12-3 pm every other Saturday from June 17th, kids can enjoy and learn about bees, birds, seed planting, the food they eat and plenty more. Each session will have a different theme.
- The Airfield Drawing Wall – a place for budding young artists to show their creativity and record their visit to Airfield – open daily
- Daily Craft Activities – available every day from 11-3 pm (July and August) fun and creative outlet for kids to enjoy
- Old Fashioned Lawn Games – remember sack races, X&Os, egg and spoon races? Let the kids explore a whole new world of gaming!
- Daily Farm Activities – kids love to play farmer and can join in daily egg collection, milking and animal feeding
- House Tours – run twice daily (Wednesday to Sunday) with a kids dress up tour at 11.30 am each day
- Airfield Activates – A free guided 3K walk of the estate every Monday morning at 9.30 am (excluding Bank holidays
Pop – up dining (paid) events:
- Beats in the Barn – Saturday 24th June – A celebration of summer produce, fun music and dancing
- Afternoon Tea – Sunday 23rd July – A lovely occasion to share with the very special people in your life.
Airfield Estate Dublin
Ph: +353 1 969 6666
Visit web site