New 2,500Km coastal route planned in Ireland
from the failteireland.ie web site…
The ‘Wild Atlantic Way‘ is one of Fáilte Ireland’s signature projects to rejuvenate Irish tourism.
Once fully-realised, the project will:
- assist in increasing visitor numbers, dwell time, spend and satisfaction along all parts of the route
- re-package the Atlantic seaboard as a destination to overseas and domestic visitors
- improve linkages between, and add value to, a range of attractions and activities
- improve on-road and on-trail interpretation, infrastructure and signage along and around the route
- direct visitors to less-visited areas
- build on the work completed in these areas already and assist businesses, agencies, local groups and other stakeholders along the area to work together
- reinforce the particular strengths and characteristics of all of the areas located along the west coast, while offering the visitor one compelling reason to visit
what do you think?